Faculty Positions in Center for Transformative Science (CTS)
Center for Transformative Science (CTS) is a new interdisciplinary institute of ShanghaiTech University. At CTS, we solve complex real-world problems using cutting edge big science facilities and instruments; we invent next generation powerful tools used by scientists; we cultivate scientists and innovations to explore matter in new ways. For detailed information, please visit us at http://cts.shanghaitech.edu.cn/.
CTS is planning to establish 20-25 independent research laboratories in the near future. Each laboratory has multiple openings at various levels such as Co-PI/Research Professor/Research Associate Professor/Research Assistant Professor. Excellent candidates could be employed as tenure-track/tenured Professors together with School of Physical Science and Technology (SPST), School of Information Science and Technology (SIST), School of Life Science and Technology (SLST), etc.
Excellent applicants in all fields are welcome to apply. Applicants in the following areas are encouraged but not limited:
1. Theory and simulation of photon-matter interactions, particularly its applications in ultrafast laser/X-ray spectroscopy.
2. Novel methods for characterizing, accessing, and manipulating amorphous materials and biological materials.
2. Coherent diffraction imaging and its applications in free electron laser, synchrotron radiation, and electron microscopy; Super-resolution fluorescence microscopy and its applications.
3. New in-situ and operando characterization method development for synchrotron radiation and X-ray free electron laser and its applications in energy science and life science
4. Pixel array x-ray/electron detectors and big data analysis.
1. Establish an independent research group in CTS research areas and carry out high-level scientific research.
2. Manage daily operation and personnel training of the research group.
3. Cooperate with other CTS research groups.
1. With excellent academic and scientific research background, applicants should have a doctoral degree in science and engineering, generally with postdoctoral experience.
2. With innovative and independent ideas and research ability, applicants should be able to set up an independent research group, with good teamwork ability.
3. Experience in large science project or interdisciplinary research is preferred.
Salary and startup funds are highly competitive, commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including on-campus housing as well as health and retirement benefits.
Submit a cover letter, a 2-page research plan, a CV plus copies of 3 most significant publications, and names and contacts of three referees in English with PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org.